Abbot’s Hall is a Grade 2* listed Queen Anne Style house. Built in 1709, it was known within the town as ‘The Big House’
Abbot’s Hall Barn dates back to the 13th Century and is the oldest building on site and (along with Abbot’s Hall) the only building original to the site. The timber structured medieval tithe barn is Grade 2* listed.
Abbot’s Hall is located on the 75 acre site of the Food Museum (formally the Museum of East Anglian Life). The museum is a registered charity,(no.293033) social enterprise and an independent Museum. Committed to preserving East Anglian history, the proceeds from Abbot’s Hall Weddings will be reinvested into the Museum, helping it to become sustainable and ensuring future generations can learn about and cherish our heritage. We also support underprivileged members of the community through our volunteering and training schemes.